Friday 14 June 2013

Screen Shots of Editing Process


This is the process I went through on Photoshop in order to make my film poster.



 The first step of the editing process of my film poster was to ensure that I made adjustments to the image that I was using. I adjusted the exposure slightly in order to make the photograph lighter.
I then went on to adding the text, I started with the film title 'Legacy' this is the largest text on the poster because it is essentially the most important. Referring back to the common conventions of others it is always the largest font. Also looking back at my audience research the audience for the poster is adults (parents/guardians) to do with the children going to see  the film and with them seeing the poster on the way to work maybe the film title needs to be the biggest for them to see. Film posters are usually posted on the back of buses or in train stations where you will only see a glimpse of them.
I also added the tag line, the tag line being 'where others have failed they will not' I chose this tag line as I think it sums up the film and would entice the audience to go and see it.



The next step was to add the names of the main actors in the film. Once again I referred back to my research on the conventions of a film poster and how the names are usually positioned at the top or the bottom of the poster. I chose to place mine at the top of the poster as I think it looked best there. Getting the layout it crucial because if the poster is not aesthetically pleasing the audience will not even look at it.




 The final step was to add the date it was going in to the cinema. I think that using a different colour font for the date was essential to make it really stand out from the rest of the text. It is important to include this on the poster to ensure the audience know when they can go and see it.



2 comments:

  1. explain your editing process and why you made the decisions along the way, like to audience and representation theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. proficient work on editing. Excellent skills in the use of digital technology and ICT.

    ReplyDelete